Myra Chang Thompson is a professionally trained educator. She has been a weaver for over 40 years. She loves to make things which includes dyeing, spinning, weaving, knitting and playing with rusty wire. She lives on a farm and lives in beauty.
- Kumihimo (3 hours): Thursday
- Inkle (3 hours): Thursday
- (More) Joys of Tapestry Weaving (6 hours): Friday
- Painting Cotton Warps (6 hours): Saturday
- Painting with Fiber Reactive Dyes (3 hours): Sunday
Stephanie Flynn Sokolov has a diverse expert background including spinning, weaving, knitting, felting, and dyeing. She instructs weaving on craftsy.com and is the co-author of Woven Scarves: 26 Inspired Designs for the Rigid Heddle Loom. Her other projects can be found in Spin-Off Magazine, The Weaver’s Idea Book by Jane Patrick and on the Schacht Spindle website. All students are sure to find inspiration in any class she teaches.
- Lattice Lace Scarf (6 hours): Thursday
- Pattern Weaving on a RH Loom (6 hours): Saturday
After many years of teaching knitting and crochet, Deborah Jarchow discovered weaving in 1996 and her love of fiber, texture, and color came together. Since then she has worked full time as a weaver and artist including teaching fiber arts, creating and selling wearable art, giving lectures, and showing in local, regional and national exhibits. Her work has been exhibited at many galleries and museums across the country including the Gerald R Ford Museum. She won numerous awards and has written articles for national publications. Since 2004 she’s been an artist-in-residence, teacher, and weaver at Studio Channel Islands Art Center in Camarillo, CA. She loves traveling the country helping knitters discover the joy of weaving.
- Log Cabin Scarf (6 hours): Thursday
- Weave a Wall Hanging (3 hours): Thursday
- Dishtowels on the Rigid Heddle Loom (6 hours): Friday
- Zig Zag Scarf (6 hours): Saturday
- Fringe and Behond (3 hours): Sunday
Nancy Shroyer knits, spins, weaves, dyes, designs, teaches, and invents in Cary, NC. As the founder of Nancy’s Knit Knacks, Nancy, has developed a line of tools and winding equipment. She has two published books as well as over thirty patterns published by a variety of magazines and books. Nancy is also a co-host for a retreat for sixty fiber enthusiasts.
- Bandweaving (3 hours): Sunday
Benjamin Krudwig is a designer living in Colorado. He enjoys bringing elements of nature, texture, and color into everything he creates. He is a weaver, spinner, knitter, and crocheter; and all-around fiber addict. His work has appeared in Spin Off, Handwoven, Little Looms, and Spin + Knit.
- Embroidery and Joining Techniques on Zoom Loom (3 hours): Thursday
- Design On the Fly (6 hours): Thursday